As networks expand from the data center to WAN edge to remote sites and cloud, getting visibility across the entire network and quickly troubleshooting networked applications is increasingly difficult. Most organizations use a host of network monitoring tools to analyze operational data, but using multiple tools makes solving issues time consuming, impacting mean time to resolution (MTTR).
LiveWire is a high-performance packet analysis solution that captures and stores detailed packet data for network and application performance and forensic insights. By deploying LiveWire physical or virtual appliances in your most critical network segments – including data centers, SD-WAN edges, the cloud, and remote sites – your NetOps and SecOps teams have the data they need to ensure the performance and security of the network.
LiveWire captures real-time packet data, so when you need to take a deep dive into the packets for deep forensic analysis, LiveWire offers an easy-to use interface, advanced visualizations, built-in workflows, a built-in expert system, and many different types of analysis and correlations. LiveWire is built to accelerate troubleshooting and deliver the packet data and packet analysis you need for advanced network forensics.
In addition, LiveWire delivers enriched packet data to LiveAction’s LiveNX network performance management platform so you can easily transition from flow-level to forensic-level analysis and back – from a single platform. LiveWire converts packet data into rich flow data, and automatically exports the data into LiveNX. With LiveNX and LiveWire, it’s easy to quickly identify and resolve application issues, such as VoIP and video performance problems, without the need for deep forensic analysis.
- Achieve Detailed Visibility
Make the highest quality flow data available from anywhere in your network – especially your most critical segments – to increase visibility and decrease MTTR. Scalable packet flow data delivers detailed visibility from anywhere across the network, including data centers, WAN edge, cloud, and remote sites.
- Accelerate Troubleshooting
Detailed troubleshooting requires detailed data, and for network and application troubleshooting, the most detailed data available are the network packets themselves. Workflows and automation drive users to the root cause of network and application issues, increasing productivity and reducing the number of solutions (or screens) needed to solve problems.
- Optimize Security and Compliance
Standards compliance and security investigations require the most comprehensive data available – the network packets – to effectively investigate and report on issues, whether for routine reporting, detailed investigation, or unequivocal proof.
Digital transformation drives increased machine-to-machine, or east-west traffic, within data centers, most of which remains invisible to IT teams. These blind spots are prevalent and can be costly. Instead, LiveWire delivers:
- Granular insights to quickly identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues across the traditional network and into the virtual infrastructure.
- Easy and quick packet capture to automatically identify common issues, from Layer 2 to Layer 7, for network, application, VoIP, and WiFi issues.
- Intelligent packet capture functionality saves precious disk space by detecting encrypted traffic and automatically slicing off payloads when this feature is turned on.
- LiveFlow web analytics for enhanced flow data with specific web application metrics, like URL/URI, page response times, and error response codes, even when traffic is encrypted, providing key performance indicators for monitoring custom web applications.
- Deep integration with LiveNX to transition from flow- to forensic-level, packet-based analysis using a single software solution when flow information just isn’t enough.
On-going, End-to-End Monitoring and Troubleshooting
Application performance monitoring is critical to keeping your business working smoothly, yet applications are being virtualized and migrated to the cloud at breakneck speed. This creates blind spots, leaving IT organizations dependent on flow logs and APIs for application performance monitoring. LiveWire helps you:
- Gain a holistic view of network and application events by converting packet data into rich flow-based data using telemetry which is automatically exported into LiveNX to quickly identify and resolve issues without the need for packet-level analysis.
- Eliminate time wasted reproducing a problem – packets record exactly what happened.
- Go directly to packet data to see application and network errors in packet payloads.
Enterprise Grade Management
IT organizations struggle to find a cost-effective solution that provides visibility across large numbers of branches and remote locations. What’s needed is a solution that can be widely distributed and easily managed, providing true end-to-end visibility. LiveWire offers:
- Enterprise-scale management of 100s or 1,000s of LiveWire devices with LiveWire Grid, a web-based management and configuration console.
- Dedicated, scalable software that extends flow- based network and application monitoring to data centers, WAN edge, remote sites, branches, and the LAN.
- Scalable packet capture and forensic solutions that handle any network speeds to easily identify and quickly resolve network issues with both flow and packet data on a single platform.
- Packet storage that scales to your needs – LiveWire offers field-upgradable storage for its PowerCore appliances of up to 2+ PB of raw storage and 6+ PB of effective storage using compression and/or slicing.
Security Incident Response
When it comes to security incident response, there’s nothing more valuable than the packets themselves. You may have the finest IDS/IPS/SIEM solution available, but once the intrusion is found, what’s next? You need a recording of the activity – the network packets – to determine both the fingerprint and extent of the breach. With LiveWire:
- Security solutions generate alerts, while LiveWire’s network packets provide the answers.
- You get line-rate packet capture with lossless capture-to-disk performance based on scalable hardware and software solutions.
- Perform forensic searches on terabytes of data without disrupting high-speed storage.
- Scalable storage solutions for long-term packet retention ensures regulatory compliance and protects transaction integrity.
Tuned for Your Specific Needs
LiveWire can be deployed based on your network’s specific needs, and includes physical, virtual, or cloud offerings. LiveWire physical appliances offer massive scalability and performance to support network operations for even the largest networks, from branch offices to large datacenters to WAN edge. LiveWire virtual and cloud offerings scale with your needs and deliver the flexibility required in these networking environments.
For organizations with many branch locations, such as banking and retail, LiveAction offers the LiveWire Edge. The LiveWire Edge is a small form factor appliance with no moving parts that is simple to install and manage and is perfect for organizations where the IT department is already stretched thin.
LiveWire Grid is a SaaS solution that simplifies and scales the management and administration of LiveWire devices, no matter how many are deployed.
- Efficiently manage 100s or 1,000s of LiveWire devices – Physical, Virtual, or Cloud.
- Streamlined installation and ongoing administration for an exceptionally low TCO
- Configuration management from a single SaaS console
- Template-based mass configuration push
- Cloud-based backup and restore for easy, efficient roll-backs
- Single Sign On
- Improves the user experience while reducing operational overhead
- Reduced hardware costs and lower maintenance costs
For more information about LiveWire specifications, please visit: liveaction.com/livewire
Download LiveWire Data Sheet
LiveAction provides end-to-end visibility of network and application performance from a single pane of glass. We provide enterprises with confidence that the network is meeting business objectives, full network visibility for better decisions, and reduced cost to operate the network.