LiveAction Delivers Industry’s First Unified Network Monitoring Platform
LiveAction Delivers Industry’s First Unified Network Monitoring Platform Combining Flow, SNMP and Packet Data for Unparalleled End-to-End Visibility
New offerings include LiveNX 8 and LiveWire™, a new edge device that brings visibility to otherwise dark corners of the network beyond the reach of traditional monitoring tools
Palo Alto, Calif. – November 15, 2018 – LiveAction, a visionary provider of leading network monitoring, visualization and analytics software, today released LiveNX 8, the first Network Performance Management and Diagnostics (NPMD) platform to integrate flow data with packet capture and analysis, giving customers the most comprehensive network management solution on the market. The innovative solution is designed to dramatically enhance the network monitoring and diagnostics experience for network operations (NetOps) teams, enabling organizations to quickly identify the root cause of network issues and rapidly determine the corrective course of action required, ultimately accelerating the Mean Time To Repair (MTTR). LiveNX 8 also automates existing workflows and curtails the need for numerous tools to help NetOps teams efficiently and effectively manage increasingly complex networks and deliver on the service level expectations of the business.
A key part of the offering is the introduction of LiveWire™, a new appliance designed to be deployed at the network edge. LiveWire captures and converts real-time packet data, which feeds directly into the visualization engine of LiveNX 8. Together, LiveWire and LiveNX 8 bring new visual insights and analytics to traditionally “dark” environments such as application classification, performance management for SD-WAN deployments or holistic visibility for legacy multi-vendor edge switch environments. LiveWire is extremely powerful for numerous use cases including branch wireless monitoring, point-of-sale transaction troubleshooting and VoIP troubleshooting.
“When we acquired Savvius earlier this year we promised to give customers the most powerful end-to-end NPMD platform they’d ever seen. With the release of LiveNX 8 and LiveWire, we’re delivering the ability to efficiently navigate from visual topology views down into packet data for real-time problem isolation and resolution – all in one intuitive interface,” said Brooks Borcherding, CEO at LiveAction. “This innovative offering provides NetOps teams with advanced visual analytics and a seamless network management experience to help them keep up with the ever-increasing demands of the business.”
LiveNX is a complete network management solution that offers comprehensive network visibility, real-time insights, historical analysis, machine learning and predictive analytics, all driven by a powerful visualization engine. It now leverages the industry’s most wide-ranging set of data sources, including Flow (IPFIX, NetFlow, sFlow, Streaming), Packet (full capture, real-time analytics), SNMP (V2/V3, Discovery, OID Poller) and API (REST, Bulk, Stream and others), allowing organizations to achieve situational awareness across multi-fabric networks including branch locations, WANs and SD-WANs, datacenters and multi-cloud environments. LiveNX 8 includes a variety of new features including:
- Support for Cisco SD-WAN on both vEdge (Viptela) and cEdge (ISR/ASR) routers, providing superior overlay visibility for planning, verifying and operationalizing SDN deployments.
- Additional Cisco Application Visibility and Control (AVC) reports added for richer visibility of application usage and subscriber behavior.
- Introduction of Executive Reporting capabilities for scheduled or ad hoc distribution to key stake holders and management organizations.
- Logical topology enhancements to the Operations Dashboard that enable the creation of multiple topology visualizations for tracking application paths and QoS markings in the WAN for service assurance.
- Added Custom Triggers for Alerting support in the Operations Dashboard for tracking device level per-queue QoS performance and syslog notifications for advanced notice on issues impacting the business.
- Improved device management including SNMP credential pooling for rapid onboarding and Time to Value.
- Additional custom and template Dashboard options for a tailored Network Operations Center (NOC) view.
- Integration updates with ServiceNow, Cisco DNA Center and Cisco’s Identity Service Engine (ISE).
- New Omnipeek capabilities for integrated workflow drill down into packet analysis, reducing mean time to incident resolution.
- Extended Omnipeek analysis for Financial Transaction Card message Interchange protocol (ISO8583).
“As networks continue to become more complex, NetOps teams need management solutions that gather and distill multiple data sets into visualizations that allow them to isolate and solve problems faster,” said Zeus Kerravala, principle analyst at ZK Research. “The integration of packet capture and analysis with LiveNX’s deep flow expertise delivers a major competitive differentiator in the market. Not only does it improve IT efficiency by enabling tool consolidation, but it allows NetOps and IT Service Management to automate workflows and speed incident resolution. The acquisition of Savvius has accelerated LiveAction’s ability to deliver a next-gen network management solution that is redefining what the industry expects, in regard to breadth and depth, from a single enterprise platform.”
LiveNX 8 and LiveWire are available now. Find out more information at www.liveaction.com/go/NX.
LiveAction simplifies the management of complex networks by providing real-time visualization and analytics for SD-WAN, Voice, Video, and Quality of Service monitoring. Our platforms are LiveNX™ designed for large enterprises and LiveSP™ designed for Service Providers. Savvius, a LiveAction company, offers Omnipliance and Omnipeek for powerful packet capture and analytics, providing the unparalleled visibility needed to anticipate and resolve network performance issues. Learn more at www.liveaction.com.
Voxus PR for LiveAction