SRP Powers Up LiveAction to Generate Seamless Communication
SRP provides reliable, affordable water and power to more than million customers living in central Arizona. SRP has provided these essential resources for over a century to meet the needs of customers and to help the Phoenix metropolitan area develop into one of the nation’s most vibrant regions.
As a community-based, not-for-profit water and energy company, SRP acts in the best interest of the people it serves and strives to help build a better future for Arizona.
SRP’s network is crucial to the sustainability of the greater Arizona community of businesses and residents. Additionally, the network is the backbone that enables more than 5,000 employees across its more than 20 sites to communicate and collaborate each day.
To ensure reliable power and water deliveries, as well as improve team collaboration, SRP’s network engineers require:
- Visibility across the core infrastructure to quickly identify and address potential issues before they impact the power or water supplies.
- Insight into the performance of SRP’s several generating sites.
- Network monitoring for service assurance of mission critical business applications.
- The ability to identify and isolate the source of issues for faster troubleshooting.
- Advanced reporting on network performance of sites, applications and users to efficiently plan for future demand.
It was during a company meeting that hidden issues inside the SRP network began to surface. According to Nick Wade, senior network engineer, “We provided streaming capabilities so employees could tune into the company’s Town Hall meeting from various locations. As the meeting got underway, employees contacted my team to report bad connections and choppy quality. By looking more closely at the network traffic, I could see the link was saturated but I couldn’t pinpoint the problem.”
Recognizing the need for added assurance and insight into the performance of their network, SRP adopted the LiveNX platform from LiveAction to monitor its wide area network (WAN) infrastructure. LiveNX is a network performance management, visualization and analytics platform that collects and analyzes real-time network data and provides insights that enable businesses to more effectively plan, diagnose and optimize network performance.
LiveNX enables SRP to:
- Gain deeper insights into network performance, including specific sources of traffic destinations.
- Better understand traffic sources across its network for faster troubleshooting.
- Report on live traffic and historical information from high level strategic views down to specific time and date, device, user, and application.
- Get deeper insights into network metrics and KPIs for capacity planning.
“We provided streaming capabilities so employees could tune into the company’s Town Hall meeting from various locations. As the meeting got underway, employees contacted my team to report bad connections and choppy quality. By looking more closely at the network traffic, I could see the link was saturated but I couldn’t pinpoint the problem.”
– Nick Wade, Senior Network Engineer
Using LiveNX, SRP has deeper insights into network performance, including specific sources of traffic destinations. This insight allows them to pinpoint and address issues such as saturated links and resolve them before it impacts the user experience.