American Tire Distributors Rolls Out Success
Most people don’t think about tires every day. Yet without them, many of us couldn’t get to our jobs, or school, or the hospital, or be able to acquire the goods we rely on to work and live—whether they’re purchased in person or online.
That’s why when it comes to ensuring that business continues to roll along, American Tire Distributors (ATD) relies on LiveAction. As one of North America’s largest, independent suppliers of tires to the replacement tire market, ATD has an expansive IT network supporting more than 5000 employees, 140 distribution centers, and more than 70,000 customers. Since ATD procures tires from manufacturers and ships them to resellers, the network is where the rubber meets the road in connecting distributors, employees, and customers.
When it came to road testing network performance management software, ATD required a solution that would support its continued growth throughout the US and Canada and further empower its network engineers and IT operations teams.
- Easy management of a LAN/WAN infrastructure. g Proactive monitoring of the entire network, including QoS for VoIP.
- The ability to quickly troubleshoot issues.
- A way to simply establish policies, especially for prioritizing mission-critical traffic and applications.
- Support for its SDN (IWAN).
- A way to quickly identify flows, mark them and properly classify them
ATD relies on LiveAction’s network performance management, visualization and analytics software to support its corporate office.
Using LiveNX, ATD can:
- More effectively monitor and manage the performance of the corporate IT network.
- Proactively troubleshoot potential issues before they impact users.
- Efficiently manage the IWAN and prioritize voice traffic running over MPLS.
According to Ron Scarnecchia, network engineer at ATD, “We use VoIP phones and the quality of our voice systems was a real concern, especially when our sales teams were on calls with resellers. With LiveNX, we have a greater understanding of the VoIP protocols that needed to be classified in QoS and this has made a significant difference for our business.”
Additionally, LiveNX enables ATD to:
- Oversee the sites that assist network engineers with troubleshooting, which results in faster identification and responses to issues.
- Quickly identify, classify and address network issues.
- Gain a better understanding of the VoIP protocols that needed to be classified in QoS.
- Access deeper insights into mission-critical applications to properly set policies.