Five Technology News Updates, Insights, Chatter, and Plenty More
Five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day by Joe Panettieri
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Happening Today
1. Funding – Chatbots and Customer Support: Rasa Technologies
, which specializes in conversational AI technology, has raised $26 million in Series B funding led by Andreessen Horowitz and including participation from the firm’s Cultural Leadership Fund, a strategic fund designed to bring African American cultural leaders onto the cap tables of new technology companies.
2. Private Equity – ERP Software: Charlesbank Capital Partners
has invested in Aptean, a provider of industry-specific enterprise resource planning (ERP) and supply chain solutions. Charlesbank will join existing investors TA Associates and Vista Equity Partners as institutional shareholders in Aptean. As part of the transaction, TA Associates will also make a further investment in Aptean. Former Continuum Chief Revenue Officer Robert Kocis is now CRO at Aptean.
3. Talent – CFO: Palo Alto Networks has hired Amazon Web Services (AWS) veteran Luis Felipe Visoso as chief financial officer (CFO). Visoso will assume the role on July 1, 2020. He will succeed Kathy Bonanno, who is exiting to join Google Cloud.
4. Talent – MSP: Navisite has named Peter Berry as the company’s chief technology officer (CTO) of cloud technologies. Berry joined Navisite following the company’s acquisition of clckwrk in February 2019, where he was the co-founder and CTO.
5. MSPs and Data Protection: Axcient is simplifying its three business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR) products into one unified BCDR SaaS product called Axcient x360Recover. The offering combines Replibit, BRC, and Fusion.