The Role of the Cloud in Accelerating Digital Transformation
Digital transformation continues to be a high priority this year. Remote work, eCommerce, digital collaboration, and VOIP are large parts of the daily experiences of our day-to-day lives. Customers will continue to expect superior digital experiences from businesses, regardless of what industry you may be in. It’s hard to have a conversation about digitization without the conversation turning towards cloud enablement.
The cloud has become a go-to solution for enterprises that are looking to leverage new technologies, expand capabilities, and reduce the cost of IT operations. It should come as no surprise to see this as a part of many enterprise’s IT strategy for years to come. According to Gartner, by 2024, more than 45% of IT spending on system infrastructure, infrastructure software, application software, and business process outsourcing will shift from traditional solutions to the cloud.
How the Cloud can Transform Your Business
We may not think about it often, but the cloud is powering many of the applications that we love and use each day. Teleconferencing, collaborative tools, streaming music, and video – the list can go on and on. As enterprises continue to embrace the work from anywhere model for the workplace, it is imperative to support and expand the use of these technologies.
Enterprises are realizing, or have realized, that it is crucial to modernize their business, data, and applications to the cloud. Empowering leadership to support the efforts of a digital transformation. These are a few examples of the benefits:
- Innovation: A digital transformation can enable a team to take on new technologies such as AI, ML, and automation. This enables NetOps to create a simplified testing site where they can easily build, test, and deploy new applications without disrupting services.
- Data and Infrastructure Security: Data breaches, cyber threats, etc. can unexpectedly occur and risk the loss of critical data. The cloud can host multiple backups of important data.
- Cost-Effective: The cloud offers a scalable model (either direction) without the costly hardware. Enterprises can easily scale the infrastructure as needed and gain insights into underutilized resources.
- Flexible and Agility: Businesses need the ability to pivot their processes at the drop of a dime. Cloud computing can be a crucial piece in unifying network infrastructure – a top challenge for today’s IT professionals.
- Superior Collaboration: Creating a culture of creativity and innovation requires the ability to work from anywhere. Sharing files from any device and editing documents with teammates are crucial for the modern workplace.
Tomorrow’s Innovations, Today
Whether you’re looking to migrate a select portion of your servers or an entire data center, embracing the cloud is key to keeping a business innovative, collaborative, and competitive. Enterprises need to pursue cost-effective and agile solutions to face the demands that a digital era demands. Ready to take the plunge?
LiveNX represents the industry’s only unified solution for complete visibility from the network to the cloud and can be used for effective cloud migration initiatives. LiveNX can provide granular end-to-end insights at each step of the deployment and beyond. Check out a collection of our cloud monitoring and migration videos for a more in-depth look at what we can do.