End user application monitoring is integrated into the LiveNX enterprise network monitoring platform allowing you to gain meaningful insight into the availability and performance of any web-based application, anywhere it is deployed, and address issues before they impact users.
LiveNX User Experience Monitors Any Web-Based
Application to Accelerate Problem Resolution
Simplify your end user application monitoring within a single, enterprise-level network monitoring and performance platform, LiveNX . LiveNX User Experience monitors web-based applications deployed in any cloud, over any network – from the traditional networks to the state-of-the-art SDN networks, so can gain insight into the availability and performance and resolve issues fast.
24X7 END USER EXPERIENCE MONITORING
Deploy software-based agents in your network to establish network and application performance baseline.
Run tests every minute to every hour to ensure continuous availability of critical applications.
Ensure that your application performance is consistent and meeting application-specific SLA in near real-time or historically.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE MONITORING
Use Global agents to ensure your application is performing well from any geographical locations outside of the enterprise.
Easily narrow down on problem areas with the help of waterfall charts.
Learn normal application performance behavior and detect performance anomalies with dynamic baselines.
Correlate Application and Network Performance
- Compare performance against your application-specific SLAs to gain insight into how network performance impacts your application performance.
- Discover and map the network path and application flows spanning multiple administrative boundaries including the public network.
- Integrate with LiveNX for Network Experience for expanded visibility of your enterprise network including layer 2 and wireless networks.
Isolate and Rapidly Resolve Problems
- Bring together key network and application data points to provide a single source of information for collaborative troubleshooting across multiple teams.
- Combine application and network performance metrics to quickly identify who owns the resolution to the problems.
- Correlate end-user-experience with network usage information to rightsize the network or identify improvements.