Five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day by Joe Panettieri
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, January 30, 2018.
There are 12 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look at 5…
5. Network Monitoring: LiveAction, a provider of IT network management, visualization, and analytics software, has released “LiveSP,” a network monitoring platform for global network service providers. LiveSP is a highly scalable, multi-tenant network performance monitoring platform that is application aware, features built-in network analytics, and customizable reporting, the company says. Former LogicNow and GFI Software CEO Walter Scott is CEO of LiveAction, which acquired LivingObjects for the network service provider push in December. Darren T. Kimura, executive chairman of LiveAction, also is heavily involved in the business.
4. Log Monitoring: Humio has unveiled a log management platform that allows service providers to query, aggregated and visualize application data on-premises or in the cloud. CEO Geeta Schmidt, a conference veteran who also played a key role in Sun Solaris and Java developer adoption, leads the Denmark-based firm.
3. Onboarding: SolarWinds has unveiled Smart Start, an onboarding program that gives customers direct, one-on-one access to experts who help them configure, deploy, and optimize their software to meet business goals. The company also unveiled a new generation of its professional training and certification program, called SolarWinds Academy. We’re checking to see if similar initiatives are underway and/or available for the SolarWinds MSP partner base.
2. MSPs Merge NOCs: Winxnet Inc., an IT outsourcing and consulting firm headquartered in Maine with offices throughout the Eastern United States, has inked a strategic alliance with K&R Network Solutions, a San Diego-based MSP with significant expertise in automation and technical integration. The two MSPs are merging their Network Operations Centers (NOCs) to increase proactive monitoring and resolution capabilities. We’re checking to see if the relationship involved any type of M&A or financial transaction. The two companies met through HTG, the peer group association that ConnectWise recently acquired.
1. Entrepreneur Tip: Want to succeed as an entrepreneur. Surround yourself with people who have these five personality traits, according to Forbes.