AIOps was initially defined as ‘Algorithmic IT Operations’, a category within the Critical Capabilities for Network Performance Monitoring and Diagnostics (NPMD) products by Gartner, but was updated on August 2017 as ‘Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations’.
LiveNX Insight is LiveAction’s Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations module.
AIOps Use Cases
AIOps is incredibly valuable to optimizing IT operations and processes, giving visibility and support to IT teams that were previously done through several tools and solutions. Additionally, it can drive and support other IT initiatives:
- Cloud Adoptions/Migrations: Many organizations have already begun transitioning to the Cloud or have begun transitioning to a hybrid cloud solution. By providing clear network visibility, AIOps can dramatically reduce the operational risks of cloud migration and a hybrid cloud approach.
- Digital Transformations: The right AIOps solution should support an enterprises agility and allow ITOps teams more flexibility. This ultimately gives the organization more freedom to pursue and plan different strategic business implementations, without putting unnecessary burden onto the IT teams.
- DevOps Initiatives/Adoptions: DevOps teams will gain a greater sense of network visibility and insight by utilizing an AIOps solution.
An analytics node is a software that collects data to be sent to LiveNX Insight for analysis. It is deployed as an OVA typically co-located with the distributed LiveNX Nodes.
Anomaly detection—identifying events or observations which do not conform to an expected pattern or other items in a dataset—is one example of LiveNX Insight use case.
Big Data Management
See Node below.
LiveNA is an AIOps solution that delivers next generation baselining and predictive insights on network and application performance. Unlike typical monitoring solutions that require users to identify issues, LiveNA automatically identifies anomalies and surfaces the most critical for users to act on.
See ‘Data Store’.
The Flow Data Store is a repository within the LiveNX Server that allows for raw flow (eg. NetFlow, IPFIX etc) and SNMP data to be kept indefinitely as configured by the customer, in the big data backend. The Data Store is optimized for distributed high-performance collection, storage and analysis for flow and machine data using a time series database. The receive rate for flow on a per-node basis is 1 million flows per second.
The LiveNX performance analytics platform is deployed in a scalable three-tiered distributed architecture. The LiveNX architecture consists of:
- Applications – Web interface and Java application client (Operations Dashboard, Engineering Console, …)
- Server – Central Manager for visualization, machine learning, reporting and integration.
- Node – Multiple nodes for SNMP polling, flow collection, and data store. Data is stored in the node. The node collects flow, SNMP, etc. data for storage, analysis and visual presentation.
Within the LiveNX architecture, there are two node types: an analytic node for LiveNX Insight inspection and LiveNX node for all other processing and storage.
A samplicator is a software process that is packaged within LiveNX Node OVA. It allows the ingestion and replication of NetFlow and Sflow instances in order to efficiently send them to multiple LiveNX servers and applications.