SD-WAN Cisco Solution
How SD-WAN is Transforming Networks
Major technology initiatives like cloud, NVF, IBN, SDN, edge computing and more are transforming networks. The SD-WAN Cisco solution in particular is impacting and changing network operations (NetOps). According to research from IDC, the SD-WAN market will reach $4.5 billion by 2022.
But what is the impact on the bottom-line transport costs for businesses, and some of the key challenges and considerations to keep in mind if you decide to deploy SD-WAN Cisco solution?
SD-WAN Cisco Solution Adoption is Accelerating
Simply put, SD-WAN Cisco solution automates WAN environments and makes them more dynamic and secure. It can provide direct internet connection from a branch, enable teams to more easily balance between multiple service provider and transport types, and make intelligent adjustments to application paths for better performance.
But, the most compelling part of the equation from SD-WAN Cisco solution is the cost savings. Organizations’ can recoup close to 50 percent (or more) of the cost of traditional WANs and keep great service and a responsive network, all while NetOps teams save time.
All of these benefits have contributed to the accelerated adoption SD-WAN Cisco solution.
Keep These Cisco SD-WAN Challenges in Mind
- Most large SD-WAN Cisco solution deployments are phased and implemented at specific sites, and then expanded slowly in a transforming network.
- This technology does not operate in a vacuum. It will likely have unexpected effects on application performance and existing infrastructure.
- Be prepared to manage the complexities of a mixed environment of legacy network components and SD-WAN Cisco solution until your transition is complete.
- SD-WAN Cisco solution is not a silver bullet, you still need to understand how traffic comes in and out of the various network fabrics and be able to find fix issues when they arise.
- You need visibility into the entire network to be able to properly manage and ensure SD-WAN Cisco solution performance.
- Your SD-WAN could have a different ISP for each site. This added path complexity requires good visibility.
Network Monitoring Requirements for SD-WAN Cisco Solution
SD-WAN Cisco solution creates virtual networks using tunnels and remote sites, data centers and the cloud. It requires granular visibility in the WAN. Unfortunately, built-in SD-WAN management platforms alone don’t provide the insight and context across multi-cloud, multi-domain, multi-fabric network environments you need for complete visibility. Therefore, consider investing in enterprise network monitoring software.
This will allow you to properly plan the deployment of an SD-WAN, confirm your SD-WAN is working based on policies and performing as designed, and effectively troubleshoot, monitor and manage the SD-WAN. It will also help eliminate cost on managing legacy network tools and speed your overall Mean Time to Resolution of issues.
Whatever SD-WAN Cisco solution stage you’re in remember that visibility is the key for a transforming network.