A Recap of Cisco Live US 2018
Let’s recap Cisco Live US 2018. We were joined by team members from around the world including our major offices in France, Hawaii, Palo Alto and almost our entire Florida team bringing our booth staff count to around 50. Our ecosystem partners also supported us by speaking in our theater and we featured a LiveAction station in the Cisco Partner Pavilion where we showcased our DNA Center integrations. The Friday before CLUS we also announced we had acquired Savvius a leading packet capture and analysis company that also had a booth and full staff presence. In addition, we sponsored numerous partner appreciation events, customer appreciation events, and my favorite the Cisco Canada team appreciation event.
Needless to say, this CLUS was packed with events and activities making four long expo days feel like no time at all.
This Cisco Live US 2018 also felt very different to me than years past. Here’s why:
Best of Breed to Full Stack Technology…
In December 2017, we acquired LivingObjects creating LiveSP. Our teams quickly came together and at CLUS we saw LiveSP in full force. Our service provider experts were demonstrating the solution which is powering network monitoring for Tier 1 Service Providers and their customers across Europe to a new North American audience. The reception was great and LiveSP demo was always busy. For more information or to follow up with the LiveSP team contact email@example.com
Just a few days before CLUS started, we announced the acquisition of Savvius, fka WildPackets. This generated numerous analyst, media, and executive meetings. This is a significant acquisition for LiveAction as it brings our global head count to over 200, greatly expands our geographic coverage and incorporates world class packet capture and analysis technology into our network monitoring and analytics platforms. To learn more about Savvius, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Divide and Conquer!
In the past, we had such a small team in attendance that we had to pick our points of presence. This year, we could divide and conquer and that we did! We had presentations in:
LiveAction has the best partners!
We were honored to have the following awesome partners speak in the LiveAction theater:
- Thomas McKinnon from Cisco on SD-WAN Migration
- Pedro Leonardo from Cisco on LiveNX Integration with Cisco DNA Center
- Phil Griston from Gigamon on The power of Flow Data
- Paul Kohler from Cisco on Cisco SD-WAN Partnership
- Jason Gooley from Cisco on SDN and the future of Networking
- Robert Barton from Cisco on New Wireless Standards
- Jay Bothelo from Savvius
- Shawn Wargo from Cisco on Unified Monitoring
- Chia-Chee Kuan from Uila on Application centric Multi-Cloud Performance Analytics
- Tim Szigeti from Cisco on Cisco DNA Assurance
- Vikram Pendharkar from Cisco on Make IT Simple with SD-Access
- Andre Laurent from Cisco on SD-WAN troubleshooting
- Christophe Olivier from Ixia on Monitoring in Hybrid Private and Public Clouds
- Brendan O’Flaherty from cPacket on Packet Capture and Network Visibility
Our acquisition of Savvius was big news at Cisco Live and we were fortunate to have Brooks Borcherding the CEO of LiveAction and Larry Zulch the CEO of Savvius both present and able to share their thoughts on the transition and what it means to networking and for our combined companies. Check out my blog on this topic.
But in the end it’s the same LiveAction with the same core philosophies, work hard play hard!
Maybe it’s the relief that the event is behind us, but I have a deep sense of pride in our company and where we’re headed. Thanks for joining us for another Cisco Live and stay tuned.