Managing user experience has direct impact on revenue and productivity. LiveUX gives organizations the tool needed to identify and troubleshoot issues occurring in the new hybrid IT environments made up of these managed and unmanaged domains.
LiveUX is available for evaluation for select organizations and will be available for purchase in July, 2015.
LiveAction for User Experience monitors end user experience of web applications deployed in any cloud over any network, from the traditional network to the start-of-the-art SDN network. You can gain insight into the availability and performance for any web-based application anywhere. You can address issues before they impact users. Correlating end-user experience and network information through integration with LiveAction Application-aware Network Performance Monitoring accelerates problem resolution and significantly simplifies your application performance monitoring challenges.
24×7 Active Monitoring
- Deploy software-based or hardware-based agents in your network to establish network and application performance baseline.
- Run tests every minute to every hour to ensure continuous availability of critical applications.
- Ensure that your application performance is consistent and meeting application-specific SLA in near real time or historically.
Global Performance Monitoring
- Use Global agents to ensure your application is performing well from any geographical locations outside of the enterprise.
- Easily narrow down on problem areas with the help of waterfall charts.
- Learn normal application performance behavior and detect performance anomalies with dynamic baselines.
Correlate Application and Network Performance
- Compare performance against your application-specific SLAs to gain insight into how network performance impacts your application performance.
- Discover and map the network path and application flows spanning multiple administrative boundaries including the public network.
- Integrate with LiveAction for Network Experience for expanded visibility of your enterprise network including layer 2 and wireless networks.
Isolate and Rapidly Resolve Problems
- Bring together key network and application data points to provide single source of information for collaborative troubleshooting across multiple teams.
- Combine application and network performance metrics to quickly identify who owns the resolution to the problems.
- Correlate end user experience with network usage information to rightsize the network or identify improvements.