New IT Management Features within LiveAction Provide Unmatched Flow Scalability and Real-Time Topology Visualization within Cisco Routers, Cisco Catalyst Series Switches, LAN Environments
HONOLULU, November 30, 2012 – Furthering its leadership in network management visualization, Liveaction® today introduced new LiveAction® LAN, LiveAction Flow, and LiveAction QoS capabilities that collectively offer an accurate panoptic view within complex network environments. Through a simple, fast, and intuitive graphical format, these latest features help IT professionals quickly visualize and confidently manage their intricate network systems that would otherwise be difficult to conceptualize referencing complicated command-line methods.
“Networks continually increase in complexity, creating visibility and management challenges. This is being accelerated with unified communications, collaboration, and other data heavy applications, often the responsibility of the network professionals.” said Jonah Kowall, Research Director at Gartner. “By adding rich graphical and graph based visualizations and not just standard reporting these complex relationships and data sets can be visualized using Topological Analysis, which in turn can have more complex analytics applied to them. These real-time views and data flows provide insight more easily derived without the use of time consuming command-line interfaces, or generating multiple reports.”
To address evolving network needs and increasing IT management challenges, LiveAction innovative new features focus on QoS management and building a highly interactive mental model of the network. Maps of devices create a visualization of the network, from the intricacies of a single physical device to multi-layer topological information on connections, traffic, and routes. Network elements and links using color cues and graphic images indicate status and alarms. This helps users quickly see network activity so they can confidently manage incidents. New LiveAction capabilities include:
- Simplifies troubleshooting Layer 2 spanning tree protocol (STP) where for the first time, users can instantly see and understand the actual network through a topological view of root bridges, forwarding, listening, learning, and blocking connections
- Select and view either the VLAN path, STP, or both simultaneously within various aspects within the topology
- Support for alerts when STP topology change occurs and LAN reports for STP state
- Increased QoS real-time statistics for Cisco® Catalyst® 3000 and Cisco Catalyst 2000 devices
- Improvements to system topology view and flexible NetFlow reports help enable users to better understand traffic and applications in real-time by offering a clear and comprehensible view of the network
- Allowed Mediatrace initiation from a user-defined device and for a user-define duration time
- New modular QoS CLI (MQC) support for the Cisco Catalyst 4500
LiveAction is the leader in quality-of-service software for implementing VoIP, Telepresence, Unified Communications, Medianet and other mission-critical services. The company’s LiveAction software increases network service quality and shortens outages by providing true understanding and precise control using rich visualizations and direct device interaction. LiveAction is a sophisticated network management tool that helps simplify the complexity of monitoring, analyzing, and configuring technology areas such as: QoS, LAN, NetFlow, Routing, and IP SLA embedded inside Cisco devices to provide an all-in-one solution that can support both QoS auditing and provisioning.