LiveAction is seeking a Web Designer / Developer to join our growing team. The position will take control of the creation and maintenance of LiveAction’s digital presence as we continue our growth phase and expand into new markets and new opportunities. This includes the graphic design of websites and web applications. The ideal candidate will have kick-ass design chops, but also the technical experience working in the latest front-end technologies, knowledge of CMS installations, and a strong understanding of the web development process as well as skills in content management, CSS, QA/QC and UX/UI development.
In a nutshell, the web designer will breathe life into our online presence. This person should want to listen, learn, and collaborate with others to help create compelling and beautiful web sites and web-based applications through intuitive interactions and a clean progressive design aesthetic. The web designer has the opportunity to make a tremendous impact on the presentation of our company and its products.
The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills, creativity, attention to detail, and a passion for producing high-quality design.
- Revolutionize the company’s website style, don’t just evolve.
- Interface directly with marketing and engineering teams to implement brand across multiple web properties.
- Ensure content is proofed and utilize appropriate QA processes.
- Translate complex information into simple design / logical interfaces and flows / navigation.
- Design layout and templates for maximum usability and focus on user experience.
- Create graphics, banners, landing pages, and web sites.
- Create wireframes, rapid prototypes, user interfaces, and comp designs.
- Give expert design input on projects, make recommendations for improving web site best-practices.
- Work with other designers and developers to apply style and user interface design to web applications.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of an existing web site
- Develop websites using PHP and WordPress. Experience with Drupal a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in web design
- 3+ years of experience in multiple browser development, web usability, and CMS for front and back end maintenance
- Adequate knowledge of PHP
- Demonstrated experience with CMS installation, customization, and maintenance
- Understanding of the web development process, responsive design, and best practices in UI/UX and SEO
- Ability to conduct QA according to web standards and test for usability/performance accessibility
- Understanding of fundamental UI design principles for SaaS applications