We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer. This position will be responsible for providing technical support to our customers by answering level 1 and 2 support questions via telephone, email and online knowledge base. Our Technical Support Engineers are responsible for responding verbally or electronically to questions ranging from software installation, setup configuration, features, solutions, and short how-to demonstrations. We are looking for multiple levels based on experience and qualifications.
- Help customers solve technical issues with LiveAction.
- Answer questions from paid customers and prospective customers about product features and capabilities.
- Demonstrate product features and conduct training on specific capabilities.
- Develop customer-facing documentation for our website knowledgebase, user manual, and application notes.
- Work independently and as a team member to quickly respond to customer needs.
- Communicate customer needs and wishes to our software development and engineering staff.
- Assist software development with testing and verification of issues.
- Help setup and maintain test and tech support network resources.
- Work primarily via email, with some phone contact.
- Manage and track support cases in Salesforce.
- Provide 24/7 technical support.
- Bachelor of Science degree in IT, Computer Science Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 1 or more years previous experience in a technical support role.
- Above average level of performance is past job and/or school.
- Basic understanding of the technical fundamentals of computer network routers, switches, wireless, and applications. Solid knowledge of internet protocols such as NetFlow, Routing, LAN, IP SLA, QoS, SSH, SNMP, and Telnet, as well as the ability to use diagnostic network debugging tools.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux, and virtual machines.
- CCNA certification highly desired.
- Ability to be a good listener, and to really understand a customer problem or question and patiently help them solve it.
- Helpful, patient and ability to defuse difficult situations while balancing customer and company needs.
- Excellent writing skills. Excellent telephone mannerisms. Some support will be provided over the phone.
- Detail oriented and thorough. Able to work through the problem systematically and document the findings.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this opportunity.