LiveAction is seeking an experienced Sales Engineer to engage with end customers and channel partners to understand the market and technical opportunities in enhancing LiveAction’s go-to-market opportunities. This position will have a solid understanding of the partner landscape, their technical practice capabilities and business plans. This position supports accounts primarily in the U.S.A.
- Participate in product pre-sales engineering tasks including customer demonstrations, and evaluations.
- Participate in product post-sales support tasks including product turn up, training, and answering customer inquiries.
- Assist in developing partners to define the customer’s technical business problems.
- Develop best practices for end customers and channel partners to refine and research technical requirements.
- Define solutions and articulate the benefits of LiveAction solutions versus the competition.
- Learn the technical elements of proposal development and work with partners to build/expand their own ability to do so.
- Develop the proof of concept and demonstration competencies within the partners.
- Support software development engineering tasks, including customer product feature feedback, requirements definition, beta testing, and documentation review.
- Support the development of the marketing product promotion collateral.
- Develop and maintain positive and lasting customer relationships.
- Log progress and action items using Salesforce.com.
- Participate in industry events/tradeshows
- Five or more years of Enterprise sales experience, preferably in network performance management solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent; MS preferred
- Ideal candidate has expert level understanding of communications networking operation and a broad scope of knowledge relating to networking technologies, engineering guidelines, industry best practices and market solutions. CCNP or CCIE certification a plus.
- Ability to research and demonstrate solutions ROI for the partner and LiveAction.
- Positive can-do attitude, driven, reliable, trustworthy, intelligent, and team player.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a virtual office environment.
- Excellent relationship building and creative technical consultative selling skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication presentation skills, including ability to orally answer questions clearly and succinctly.
- Proven track-record of systems engineering, sales engineering, customer support, and network engineering. Technical skills required include knowledge or expertise in:
- Switching / routing setup, configuration, protocols, and use
- Application aware networks
- Network management, quality of service monitoring and configuration
- NetFlow, FNF, IPFIX, Medianet, network security, and Wireless
- Able to travel approximately 15% of the time.
Email your resume to email@example.com to be considered for this opportunity.